I can't believe that it's been almost 6 weeks since my last update. Not much is new here. Chris and I are both busy with work and Kellen keeps us busy when we're home. I have started working on Kellen's scrap book and have also gotten back into reading lately, which is probably why I've neglected the blog so much. I'm still working on the Harry Potter series, which I started a few months before he was born. I'm still on book 4. I just re-started it about a month ago. It's a kids book and a pretty easy read, but I'm only doing about a chapter a night before bed. I've discovered that bedtime reading is a great way to unwind and to forget about all the stress and drama of work!
Speaking of work, Chris is getting ready to go to Chicago for a national Family Readiness Officer conference. He's leaving this coming Sunday and will get back on the 5th. He said that he HAS TO GO because it's for work, but he's got all sorts of fun plans as well (like a Cubs game). This will be his third trip to the States without me, so of course I'm a little bitter about it. Hmm... I guess he'll have to buy me something nice while he's there!
Kellen is continuing to grow like a weed. We're constantly amazed at how much he understands. He's babbling a lot. Almost everything is "Ba-Ba", but he's mastered ma-ma and da-da. Recently he's started saying "na-na" for banana and "wa-wa" for water. He also points to his facial features and his belly button when we ask him where they are. He climbs on everything and is trying to run, but he's still a little wobbly. He is covered in bruises, so I'm convinced that people think we abuse him. He's VERY rambunctious! He also eats a ton. Just this morning he had 6 oz of milk and a strawberry nutra grain bar right after he got up. Less than 2 hours later he had 6 oz of apple juice, followed by 1/3 of a banana and almost an entire packet of instant oatmeal. Is this normal for a toddler, or is my kid just a pig?
Anyway, we're all doing great, and hope that you're all doing well, too. Here are some pictures from the past month or so...
Kellen with his light saber
Before his haircut (shaggy)
After his haircut with daddy's clippers
the "fort" that daddy made (yes, my living room looks like a bomb went off)
first time actually using a spoon
playing in the sprinkler
Kellen's 1 year pic that we had framed
This is Kellen's "spinny dizzy dance"...



2 comments:
we were wondering if you guys were still out there somewhere.
Jess is laughing at you. She has read all the Harry Potter books in 5 weeks, and is going the second time around. WHY!!!?? Who knows. She is a Jess!
We are all well here, getting back into the swing of school and counting down the months til you are back in the states. Kellen is so big! That fort is a doosie, Noah will be jealous when I show him. His mom is too mean to let him mess up the house, not the same mom who brought in the swimming pool in winter and filled it in the kitchen so the girls could swim. Getting old aint I-not so fun anymore.
We miss you guys and would like to chat sometime if you get the chance. My computer updates and Skype doesn't load at start up and sometimes...just sometimes I forget to start it. Call when you can.
Ann just wants her two cents added, but she doesn't exactly know what to add.
Love and miss you.
Lori
That video is hilarious! I love how he runs out of the room at the end! I MISS THAT BABY!!!!
Love,
Wen
Post a Comment